Title

Sufficient for Our Need
Striving for Self-Sufficiency in the Modern World

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Bits and Pieces


I called customer service this morning about my greenhouse. It has been hard getting in touch with the people who provide customer service; I'm not sure why. A very friendly woman answered the phone and knew immediately what my problem was -- the strips that hold the windows in place have warped. Evidently, the greenhouse parts are fully warrantied. She is sending me replacement strips at no cost to me. (I was prepared to pay if I had to.) So, despite its small problems, I am happier now with the greenhouse than before and I would recommend it to someone wanting a small space to let seedlings grow. The company does a decent job with warrantying its product.

This morning I went to make my oat meal and found moths in the container. I selected storage containers specifically with the idea in mind to keep moths and other bugs out. I looked and found moths (plenty of them) in 3 of the remaining 8 oat meal containers. I went deep into the one container I found moths in, throwing away the top layers of oats, and cooked some anyway. Kathy noted that if any were alive, they would probably die in my digestive tract anyway, so I shouldn't worry. I threw the rest of that container away.

Thinking about it, it must be the case that the eggs got in before the container was sealed, because the lids do fit nice and snug and, once inside, the moths and larvae have not apparently been able to get out.

It was 34 degrees this morning. Everything was fine in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment