Title

Sufficient for Our Need
Striving for Self-Sufficiency in the Modern World

Friday, April 22, 2011

Winter Weeds


There are two kinds of weeds that seem to be very prolific in the garden starting in the fall and growing through the winter. They obviously drop seeds by the hundreds (because I don't get rid of them in time). There is a third and fourth type (not pictured) that I deal with as well, although the latter two don't grow quite as profusely. I ought to know the names of these, but I don't yet. (My purpose in blogging about them is not to complain about the weeds; they only grow because I let them. I need to learn a little so I can be better prepared.)


I've search images on google. The closest I came was for the plants with the purple tips. They may be purple dead nettles (Lamium purpureum).

I am still searching for the other plant in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment