Title

Sufficient for Our Need
Striving for Self-Sufficiency in the Modern World

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Very Healthy Hive


It was past due for me to check out the hive that I requeened. Jeff and I went in to look. The super was totally full of honey. They had capped a fair amount. Getting it off took some effort it was so full. And this is only May and I thought that the new queen would barely have laid any eggs. All the frames in the super were full and there were plenty of bees. This photo was from the edge frame and it was already full of honey.


Indeed, when I took off the super, they were already creating swarm cells, the hive was so crowded. So, in the end, losing the Georgia queen wasn't a bad thing at all.

I added a super I happened to have. It has no drawn frames, but if the bees have been as successful as they have been so far, I have few worries.

1 comment:

  1. So you saw eggs and lots of brood? I have more supers if you need some.

    ReplyDelete