Title

Sufficient for Our Need
Striving for Self-Sufficiency in the Modern World

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tomato Sprouts


When I planted the Marglobe seeds, I wasn't sure what would happen. It's been a little over a week and evidently just about every seed germinated and is now growing. I brought the plantings into the house because, as I learned by putting the outdoor thermometer in the greenhouse, temperatures drop to whatever the low is over night. That's probably good because the low in the greenhouse yesterday was 29F.


We will be gone for the week. I am hoping the peat pots will retain sufficient moisture to let the sprouts grow to the next state. Because multiple seeds sprouted, I will need to thin, but I will wait to do that until the plants have grown up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment