Title

Sufficient for Our Need
Striving for Self-Sufficiency in the Modern World

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Charlie


Charlie proved to be a bit too much of an active dog for us. He ended up weighing about 55 lbs, which was way more than Chloe weighs. He was so energetic that she almost totally withdrew from house and outdoor activity. He would pounce every time she moved. When he wanted to play with her, he would bark incessantly. He wanted to herd everything he saw. He had already destroyed to area rugs and was getting more and more destructive to the house.

On the positive side, Charlie is a great dog. He was my buddy and would follow me everywhere. He loved to take walks morning and evening, which was good for me. He was a loyal and happy friend.

Lisa found a cattle rancher in need of a new dog. He had two dogs to help him manage the cattle. One is getting old. So, today, I took Charlie to Denton to be with a new family. He sat on my lap most of the way, like a real puppy. I stayed about half an hour to make sure he would relax and get to know the new people and environment. He was skittish at first, but warmed up quickly. They are good people and know how to train dogs. He needs a job and this is an ideal place for him.

It's always sad to suffer a loss like this. I think it is for the best for him and for us. I will miss him, but he will be of service doing what he has a natural talent to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment