Title

Sufficient for Our Need
Striving for Self-Sufficiency in the Modern World

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Growth


This morning was dedicated to starting to compost leaves. The trees shed a lot in the last few days. I don't quite have the energy to do a lot at a time. So my strategy is to pile up a tarp, take it to the compost piles and shred it. That way I get one tarp done at a time, but I get it all done. It means starting up the shredder/chipper multiple times, but I'm fine with that now that I have the secret of the starting fluid down.

It is supposed to rain tomorrow. Indeed, it rained a little today. So I uncovered the cold frames. I was also curious about how things were growing and how many weeds had sprouted. The garlic and onions are doing well, but there are a lot of weeds in those beds. The cauliflower and brussel sprouts are doing reasonably well, but there are no heads yet.


The brocolli has some very small heads starting to form. The turnips are starting to show small roots. The beets are growing, but are not large.

No comments:

Post a Comment